If You’re Packing Fragile Items, Here Are the Best Packing Materials to Secure Your Fragile Belongings.
Moving house can be a very exciting time but it can also be a very stressful time when it comes to packing your valuables.
Not having the right tools, tape and equipment on hand when packing for moving house can be very difficult and can make the moving process far more stressful than what it needs to be.
That is why it is important to prepare yourself with all the right packing tools, equipment and tape to ensure your packing process is simple and effective.
Depending on the weight, size and shape of your valuables, you will need to select the best packing equipment for your items and ensure their safety and security with the right tools.
At Pack King, we are the packing experts, and with over 30 years of experience we have all the necessary tools, tape and equipment suitable for all moving house packaging needs!
How to go about choosing the right equipment:
- How valuable are your valuables?: Assess which of your items are most valuable or fragile and require the most security in the packing and removal process. By determining this, your packing tool selection process will be made so much easier.
- How much are you packing?: Depending on how much you are packing, organising which items can be packed together for removal can save you both time and money in selecting the right packaging equipment.
- How big and small are my items?: Assess the size and shape of your items and then you can determine the type of packaging care they need for moving house.
Types of equipment for your moving house packing needs:
- Packaging tape: Packaging tape can be used manually for smaller packages that are easy to do yourself when boxing items for moving. Packaging tape is high quality and can ensure aggressive grip around boxes to secure any small to medium boxed items.
- Packaging dispenser: A packaging dispenser can hold packaging tape that can easily coat cartons and boxes for a more secure packaging process.
- Semi-automatic strapping tools: For medium and larger scale items for packing when moving house, investing in a semi-automatic strapping tool is your best bet. It is simple and easy to follow and can securely tape medium carton boxes.
- Heavy gauge poly strapping: If you have heavier loads and items that need to be packaged for moving means, investing in heavy gauge poly strapping is the best tool for the job. This manual strapping machine ensures that the heavier items are securely boxed and packaged for moving means.
- Stretch wrapping: If you’re moving quickly and have limited time, choosing to stretch wrap your goods will ensure a simple and efficient packing process for all of your valuables. Stretch wrapping has become the fastest way to secure a load by unitising it to a pallet base. A stretch wrapping procedure is able to secure 1000kg worth of a load from shifting it off the pallet base, making this process one of the most secure forms of packing your valuables for moving day!
Investing in the right tools or products for all of your moving day packing needs is very important to ensure that your valuables are being secured as best possible and will remain safe during the moving process.
If you are moving home, contact us on: 9720 0425 to establish what type of packing tools and equipment your valuables may need.
The Benefits of Packing Tape And Dispensers – What to Consider When Choosing the Right Packing Equipment.
Whether it be for business means, travel or moving purposes it is essential to have the right packaging tools to make packing your items, safe secure and simple. Packing tapes and packaging tape dispensers are available in any shape or size and are guaranteed to make packing so much easier!
It is important to ensure that when you are packing your items that you synchronise the tape style and category with the tape dispenser to guarantee a safe and efficient working level at all times.
There are a variety of tape dispenser styles and shapes that can cater for both manual and automatic packaging instances as well as speciality tapes suited to your packing needs.
Manual packing is usually opted for with smaller boxes and items, whereas choosing an automatic packing tape dispenser is highly recommended for larger items, boxes and packages.
Choosing the right tape plays a very important part in the operation of your packaging process. It is important to select the right shape and style tape that will ensure the total safety and security of your objects and packages.
There are several factors that should be considered while choosing your packaging tape dispenser and these include:-
- Grade – Many vendors offer packaging tapes and packing tape dispenser in several grades to accommodate varying adhesive thickness of film in different levels. These grades offer a wide range of tensile strength and holding power.
- When you are buying packaging tapes, you should take into account the content weight, shipping and production environment and the size of the carton.
- Substrate: Take into account the type of packaging that you want to seal. Cartons are available in different types from thick to recycled, printed or double walled. Each variant has its distinct advantages impacting the distribution network and also faults with regard to the tape performance.
- Environment – Factors like temperature, humidity and other environmental conditions can impact quality of the seal and therefore your tape selection should factor in all these conditions.
- Method of application – The packaging tapes can be applied manually or through an automated process. The manual process brings features like strong film backing and easy unwinding preventing breaking and stretching. Automated process on the other hand, focuses on reduced breakage of tapes and easy unwinding.
- Quality of tapes – When you are buying a packaging tape dispenser, you should also consider the quality of tapes that you would be using. With a top quality packaging tape, it is easier with unwinding and delivers durability as well strength essential to withstand all the stress across the distribution network.
Now we can take a closer look at some more benefits of selecting the right packaging tape dispenser and tape.
Gummed paper tapes
Kraft paper packaging tapes are versatile and very strong
Heavy boxes and larger packages can be sealed with gummed paper tapes using a single strip to endure lengthy and rough shipping challenges.
Paper tapes are water activated and can seal your packages very effectively presenting a neat and professional appearance.
Paper tapes also bring the additional benefit of custom packaging tape carrying your brand images or other information printed on the tapes in one or more colours. This way, the paper tapes can also double up as your brand ambassadors allowing you to source generic cartons instead of pre-printed cartons with your logo.
Strong and durable
Paper tapes are also significantly durable and strong and merge with the surface of the carton very well when it is applied correctly. Once sealed, it offers a tamper-evident and strong seal even in cold, hot, damp, dusty or other inclement conditions. These tapes are also highly resistant to tears and punctures.
There are many things to consider when selecting the right packing tape and packing tape dispenser to ensure that your packing experience is made simple and easy and that your objects and parcels are always safe and secure. That is why it is important to consult with packing professionals on packing materials that are best for you and your required job!